Friday 1 April 2016

A New Day

A New Day
Waking up to a sky full of cloud,
All so quiet, nothing so loud.
Wanting to stay in bed all day,
Sleeping all the time away.
Lots to do, no time to waste,
School work I have yet to face.
Summer weather is almost here,
Essays, exams; soon in the clear.
Working hard every day,
It’s in the library that I stay.
Weather changing as I write,
The brightness such a beautiful sight.
Wanting to enjoy the warm golden sun,
Studying for exams, not so much fun.
I study for long, until it gets dark,
Then in my books the pages I mark.
Time to go home and get some rest,
So on my exams I can do my best.
School is over so very soon,
The sun sets and out comes the moon.
A new day will then arise,
Awakening my sleepy eyes.

Written by Melissa Larter

No comments:

Post a Comment